A lovely example of a late 18th-century "cannonball" bed. The cannon ball-shaped corner post turnings were popular patriotic symbols from the Revolutionary War. The posts elevate a low ram's head-shaped headboard over side rails that are fitted with a rope detail simulating rope bedding supports that were used during the 18th century. During the period, ropes were tightened periodically as they stretched from use. Thus, the expression "sleep tight" was born.
Finish Sample currently on backorder with no anticipated arrival date.
• King: 83" wide x 86" deep x 50.5" high
• Queen: 68" wide x 86" deep x 50.5" high
• Twin: 46" wide x 82" deep x 50.5" high
• Floor to bottom of rails: 13.5"h
• Headboard height (minus posts) : 45.25"
• Footboard height: 35.5"
• Designed by Lauren Leiss
• Made from solid oak and oak veneers
• Limewash finish
• Rope detail on bed rails and footboard
CARE & MAINTENANCE
• Wipe clean with a damp cloth
• Harsh cleaners may harm the finish
This item typically ships within 6-8 weeks.
Due to the nature of our collection - handpicked, custom and truly unique pieces - we do not accept returns on furniture.
Here at Brooke & Lou, we stand behind our products. We are confident in the partners we have in the marketplace and work hard to make sure our products are of the highest quality. It's important to us that you, as customers, feel the same about what you've chosen to have in your home. Our pieces are inspected prior to shipment, however if you do notice damages please let us know within 48 hours of receipt and our team will work on a replacement.
Why We Love It
We love the unique shape and fun rope detail on this bed.